How to use the Disney World virtual queues… if they ever return…
Disney World is an amazing place to visit and it’s filled with tons of attractions your entire family will love. If there’s a downside to what you can find at Orlando’s most popular theme park, it’s the fact that the park can get extremely busy during certain times of the year.
Knowing that customers don’t like to stand in line for hours waiting for a popular ride, the Disney World’s virtual queue was created as a way to alleviate long wait times. Today, we’re going to tell you all about this virtual queue and whether or not this time-saving device will be a part of Disney World in 2022 and beyond.
Saving Time with Disney’s Virtual Queues
The Disney World virtual queue was set up as a replacement to the regular standby line. This new freture allowed people to check in using the My Disney Experience app and then wait in a virtual queue instead of a physical line at specific attractions, with the goal being to prevent guests from spending half their day waiting for only a ride or two.
Although the only rides that took advantage of the virtual queue were Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, it proved to be quite successful in reducing wait times for these attractions.
Tips for Using the Disney Virtual Queues
The Disney World virtual queue isn’t difficult to operate at all, but there are definitely some things you should know that will make it more effective.
Here are some basic rules of thumb to keep in mind about the virtual queuing system:
- You can join the virtual queue as soon as it opens at 7:00 a.m. each day.
- Download or update the My Disney Experience app prior to your visit.
- Add everyone in your group to the app’s Family and Friends list so that you can secure a boarding group.
- You must have a valid ticket and Disney Park Pass reservation to join the virtual queue.
- Virtual queues are limited to one per day per attraction.
- You can join the virtual queue from outside the park.
- You can make things easier by selecting one person in your party to handle the virtual queue.
- If you plan to use the Disability Access Service, everyone in your party must join a boarding group first. Then, you can speak to a cast member for the next steps of the process.
The Current Status of the Virtual Queues
Even though the Disney World virtual queue was limited to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, it definitely served its purpose. Since those two new attractions were so popular, the virtual queues prevented enormous lines from gathering, which means that visitors weren’t forced to stay in one spot for hours. However, both of these virtual queues have been suspended for the time being and both rides are now being handled through standby lines.
The Possible Future of the Virtual Queues
A lot of people have been wondering if the Disney World virtual queue will come back to the park either in the near future or somewhere down the road. The truth is that we simply don’t know for sure either way. The virtual queues did prove to be quite effective, so there’s a good chance that they’ll return whenever there’s a popular new attraction being opened.
That being said, Disney has always come up with new and more efficient ways to help decrease waiting times, so there might be something even better in their future plans.
How Tour Guides Help with Virtual Queues
Disney VIP tour guides make it a point to know all of the ins and outs of every process the park has to offer. One of their primary goals is to help you save time with waiting in line because that gives you more opportunities to enjoy the park. These guides are very adept at using the My Disney Experience app, which means they can assist you with the Disney World virtual queue every step of the way.
Other Ways Tour Guides Save You Time
Even with the use of virtual queues and standby lines, getting the most out of Disney World can be difficult because there’s so much to do. Disney VIP tour guides can help you with that by saving you time throughout your visit. Here are some other ways that these tour guides will assist you:
- Attraction Wait Times — Waiting in line is the last thing anyone wants to do when they visit Disney World. The Disney VIP tour guides stay aware of the normal attraction wait times. This means they can help you decide which attractions and rides you should hit first and which can wait until the end of the day.
- Know the Entire Map — Anyone who’s ever been to Disney World and knows that the map is quite large. It’s easy to get lost or to spend a lot of time finding your way from one place to the next. Since the tour guides know the map so well, they can help you get where you need to go quickly, sometimes even utilizing shortcuts.
- Resort Reservations — There are many types of Disney World resorts to choose from. Your tour guide will discuss what types of accommodations and amenities you’re looking for and then go over the best resorts to fit your needs. They can even make reservations for you if you wish.
- My Disney Experience — The My Disney Experience app is extremely beneficial in helping you get the most out of your trip. Disney VIP tour guides have been over this app with a fine-toothed comb. They will help you navigate each part of the app so that you can save time and enjoy the park.
Contact World Class VIP for Info on the Disney World Virtual Queue
The Disney World virtual queue has proven to be very effective, which means that we might be seeing it again in the future. In the meantime, World Class VIP can give me the VIP experience that you deserve. If you have any questions or would like to make a reservation for our services, call us today at (407) 270-1781 to schedule a free quote!